Monday, October 27, 2014

Epic Crochet Scarf of Madness and Ends


I can tell you precisely when I lost my mind. It was early summer, when I saw the Spring/Summer 2014issue of the Noro magazine. And this scarf. This amazing crochet scarf, in my favourite colourway of Taiyo sock, #23.

I enjoy crochet, and since I'm less skilled at it, there are fewer urges to adapt and change and design than when knitting... I can just follow a pattern and enjoy the ride.

So I started it. I naturally had a ball of that colour in my stash, and I was looking for a bit of light relief after my epic sock project (more on that later) came to an end,

Over the summer and through the fall I've been working away on the little pieces. Each only took a few minutes, and as they were done I checked off the list, and tried not to think about the finishing.

I finished the final of the 79 pieces this week, and because I had some yarn leftover, So I made a few more.

As I was doing that, I did a bit of math: 82 pieces. Each with two ends. That's 164 ends to weave in. And then there's the yarn for sewing them up.

They're blocking now.

The flowers.



And the leaves.



And I must confess I'm a bit frightened.





1 comment:

AnnieBeeKnits said...

Does it make you feel any better if I tell you I'm making a mitered square blanket with about 170 squares, each with 4 ends to weave in, not to mention the seaming yarn ends after it's assembled? My crazy, it beats your crazy. ;)