Tuesday, March 11, 2014

#sockjournal & Neon Sock Yarns; Shall We Knit classes

I'm having lots of fun with my #sockjournal project on Twitter. Every day I'm posting pictures of the socks I'm wearing; sometimes also pictures of the socks I'm knitting. I love that others are playing along, posting pictures of their own socks. And I love even more that I've apparently inspired a couple of knitters to take up sock knitting.

In particular, EmStar has blogged about her two projects on the go... A Bigger on the Inside, and a pair of my Basic Ribbed sock in a fantastic neon yellow.

photo shamelessly borrowed from EmStar's blog

All the grayness outside has me craving neon coloured sock yarns. I've fallen rather in love with this new line of Regia neon sock yarns. Seriously, they're fantastic.

Would be kind of great over black tights, no? 

I'm also rather loving Blue Moon's Socks that Rock Psychobarbie colourway. They have it in stock at Shall We Knit. 


And here's where I fall down. I'm off to Shall We Knit for a weekend of classes March 22 and 23rd. I adore going there - I love the shop and the team and all my Waterloo friends, both human and canine.

I'm teaching four classes:

  • Continental Knitting - get faster, get stronger, get ready for colourwork
  • Colourwork Bootcamp - ready to add a second colour? We cover stripes, Fair Isle, Intarsia and slipped stitch colour knitting.
  • Heels and Toes - for sock knitters looking to expand their knowledge and toolkit
  • Fixing Mistakes -because it happens to everyone

Kim and Ron of indigodragonfly will also be there, teaching classes and doing a trunk show. Likely also eating cheese.

More info here.

I'll let you know what I end up buying.


And yes, for those of you who were asking, I've dug out the pattern for that cabled sock I featured last week, and hope to have that ready for publication in the next week or so. It was very very old, a design from 2008, and I've had to recreate the charts from a corrupt file. I've sent it off for a full review and tech edit. I know I wasn't nearly as good a pattern writer then as I am now.

No comments: