Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Something springy and nice and girly and FUN.

The weather might not be cooperating, but your feet can still feel springy.


The first time I clapped eyes on Rain City Knit's Confetti colourway of sock yarn, I knew I needed to make something with it. I knew it was going to be a design challenge... the yarn has fantastic colours, but very busy variegation.


After much swatching (MUCH) I landed on a very simple lace rib pattern. (Actually, if truth be told, the stitch pattern was a total accident. I had charted up a pattern but messed up the numbers in my swatch, and what resulted wasn't at all what I had in mind... but you know, I liked it so much I based the entire sock on it.) It's lacy, but not fussy. Girly but not too much. Neon but not too crazy. It's exactly what I was aiming for, exactly what I'm craving: fun.

Because the Polar Vortex is never going away, I wore them today over a pair of black tights, and I love them that way. One day, I hope to be able to wear them on their own.


Top down, in multiple sizes (women's finished foot circumferences 7 (7.5, 8, 8.5) inches); pattern is written for DPNs/Magic Loop/2 Circulars. Suitable for knitters with a little sock experience, but no lace experience required. As long as you yo and k2tog, you're good.

On Ravelry and Patternfish $5. If you're looking for the yarn, Lettuce Knit has a good stock.

1 comment:

Krista said...

Yay! I'm so happy to see my yarn on your feet. I love the pattern. Pretty but not fussy = perfect!

See you in April!

Krista
RainCityKnits