Tuesday, September 24, 2013

When the "F" in "FO" stands for "Funny"

I am highly amused by my most recent FO.

The world's most absurd length of i-cord makes the world's most excellent scarf/cowl.



1 skein of Berroco Link, and 20mm (US size 35) needles. The yarn is a chain-knit wool and acrylic blend ribbon.

The pattern is here.  Cast on 4 stitches, and work in stockinette. You work a yarnover between the stitches, and drop them on the following row to make the stitches bigger. It's hysterical - looks to me like it was knitted with telephone poles.  In fact, it looks to make like how a worsted-weight scarf would look on a Barbie doll. And it look about an hour to knit.

I was given the skein of yarn by someone who didn't know what to do with it. I didn't at first, either. I was trying to be clever, and everything I did just looked wrong.

I realized that I needed to keep it simple, so I did. You can expect to see me wearing this a lot over the fall.

1 comment:

KCarney said...

Really love the texture and fun of this scarf!