Monday, February 08, 2010

The Moose Sweater; Still Looking for an Olympic Project?

For those who follow my Twitter feed, you might recall a number of tweets around the end of last year about a moose.

I was working on a moose sweater. Not just any moose sweater... The Moose Sweater.


The sample is on display at The Purple Purl. The pattern is available exclusively from them.

I used Earth Collection Homestead yarn. This is an absolute gem - it's light and warm, with a lovely not-too-scratchy hand, but not so soft that it will pill. It comes in the three solid colours I used for the design, and I think they work very well together. Any aran weight would work - perhaps Mission Falls 1824 or Louet Riverstone - if you want to add a bit of colour

Click through to the Purple Purl newsletter if you want to see the fun Miko is having with an additional colour...

3 comments:

Kitty Katz said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Moose! It is really cool. question - how many skeins did it take (or yardage) and can I buy the pattern only?

Anonymous said...

This is the reason I backed out of the Farmer's Market Cardigan Unofficial Knitalong! I am Canadian and I love to canoe therefor I NEED to knit a sweater with a moose on it. I think I just might try knitting it up as an Olympic project.

Janelle Haskin said...

I LOVE that Moose sweater!!!!! Beautiful and so fun!!! xo