Friday, January 29, 2010

New Design; Justifying a Noro Obsession: Silk Garden Entrelac Hat



It's no secret I love Noro yarns. And I'm always looking for good ways to use them. And I think one of the best ways of all might be Entrelac... the lengths of colour seem perfect for this technique. I've got a scarf pattern.


And now I have a hat pattern. For sale on Patternfish and Ravelry.

Uses barely any yarn - just 1 or 2 balls, depending on the size you knit.

It's not difficult, this Entrelac thing - you just need to be confident with decreasing and picking up stitches. And I know you're confident with picking up stitches because you read my blog post of a couple of weeks ago. Right?

I can guarantee that you'll get more attention knitting Entrelac in public than anything else you might have ever worked on. You get the usual glances from non-knitters, but the usual nods from knitters turn into admiring, amazed stares.

And the funny thing about Entrelac is that it's actually easier in the round than flat. Really!

Go on, you know you want to try it...

No comments: