Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Design: Chevron Scarf

UPDATE! Now available for sale on Ravelry! And also on Patternfish!



Using Louet's rather magnificent Paco Vicunas yarn. It is not a value-priced yarn, by any means, so this design was specifically created to get the most bang from a single skein.

I love the feel of this yarn - it's a blend of Optim merino wool, SeaCell and Vicuna. More details at the link above. It's got a raw silk sort of hand, and is an absolute pleasure to work with. It's textured with a bit of fuzz but not too sticky, and it takes blocking amazingly well.

Like all my lace designs, this is modern and geometric and I think highly wearable. It's light and delicate, but not too fussy.

Sample will be available for viewing and fondling as of tomorrow at The Purple Purl, and the pattern will be available shortly online and at the shop.

2 comments:

mmj said...

It is so pretty. I am impressed.

Boatman Geller said...

I love the scarf! I actually found your post it in our search for "Chevron". I suppose you're just ahead of the times. :-) Tell us if our chevron stationery meets your expectations.