Thursday, June 11, 2009

Argh/Slow Knitting Week

What a week. Got back from an excellent vacation, and was promptly hit with a mighty cold.

I'm not sure I'll ever understand why a stuffed-up nose and sore throat makes it so hard to think or -- more to the point -- knit.

I've been managing some fairly plain stocking stitch, but not much else.

The good news is that plain old stocking stitch can actually turn into some very interesting things. The bears are becoming a doll.

(Norman was entirely disturbed at my willingness to cut the head off the doll. I had to spend a fair bit of time playing with the proportions of the doll - the head needed to be bigger than I originally anticipated. Which necessitated me taking a pair of scissors to an almost-complete doll and removing its head.)

Next up: clothing and a face.

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Oh.. those body parts have so much potential! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Oh.. those body parts have so much potential! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

mmj said...

You know I will be knitting a cousin to Adelaide sometime. I'm fond of the name Lulu myself.