Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Challenge Even for Denny, I Think?

It's well known that Denny likes weaving in ends.

I don't have a problem with it, but then I'm not particularly obsessive about how good the inside of my garments look -- and so I don't always do a complete and thorough job.

Except when I'm working on a design sample, something that's going to be photographed. Then I'm very careful about tidying up all the ends, weaving everything in, making it look perfect.

I'm working on such a piece right now. I have just finished the knitting. I can't show the finished object yet, but what I can show you is the heap of ends I'm dealing with...


There are four colours, and 40 colour changes. That's 82 ends. But then I ran out of yarn in one section, so that's another 2. And then there's of trim detail I have to attach, which will make another 8-10 ends.

So I'm looking at more than 90 ends.

It's slow going, needless to say.

No comments: