Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Knitting

Please. If you're a citizen of the US, please vote. You've heard the rhetoric about why this is so important. Just get out there and let your voice be heard.

And then, once you've voted, consider what you'll be knitting in front of the coverage.

I've had this project waiting for a long time, and I finally have the yarn. "Opening Night", from the Manos book Metropolitan Diary, available for purchase here.


It's a circular shawl with clever armholes so you can wear it as a vest. A shawl that might actually stay on. Haven't knitted a circular shawl yet, so I'm looking forward to it.

The yarn I've chosen is Cascade Eco Wool , and I'm doing it in plain black for maximum wearability. Yeah, I know, I'm boring, I knit a lot of things in black. But at least I can guarantee they'll go with everything in my wardrobe.

The yarn comes in giant comedy skeins, which wind into giant comedy balls (that's what she said). So big that I had to take it off the ball winder and finish it by hand.

Skein and ball photographed with this evening's beer (Rogue Dead Guy Ale, seems appropriate, no?), for a sense of scale.


I'm keen to start this tonight because it seems like fairly simple knitting, and I suspect my attention will mostly be on the TV.

Ravelry pattern link.

No comments: