Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Feeling Oddly Bereft


What now? The shawl is done.

Sunday evening at home I was forced to pick up my travelling sock project and by the end of House Monday night I was done.

On the way to work this morning I cast on for the next travelling sock project. I'm rarely without a sock-in-progress in a little nylon bag; I carry it with me for emergency knitting. I get most of the work done during my commute, but I've worked on travelling socks in many places... Bars, restaurants, the doctor's and dentist's waiting room, at the streetcar stop, in the line-up to get my driver's license renewed, and once (only once) under my desk while listening to a marathon conference call. I've got Shepherd Sock bee stripe underway, and the below-mentioned killer Christmas sock variation lined up after that.

But I'm without a big "at home knitting" project right now and it's a bit scary.

Ideas in consideration:
-that Teva Durham double-knit vest
-a feather and fan shawl in all my Noro Kureyon and Silk Garden leftovers -- inspired by this "Feather and Fan comfort shawl"; I've been looking for a way to use up all my leftovers and this might be it
-a scarf for an impossible-to-buy-for relative's upcoming birthday made from leftovers of Malizia I've got lying around

Am not in a sweater mood; am seemingly in a shawl mood, though...

No comments: