Thursday, January 05, 2006

Progress on the Vass Variation

Looking good. It has indeed brightened up. For your reference, the colourways used are 153, 139, 134, 138, 154. I'm currenly heading back down the other side, and am reversing the order of the colours.

I will confess that I rewound the second 138 ball so that I started at the other end. I wanted to get roughly the same order of stripes on the downward knit as on the upward knit. I will likely do the same with the second ball of 154, too. I was secretly hoping they'd line up at the sides, too, but that's not going to happen.

I should really just relax and remember Brandon Mably's exhortations from that workshop last October... more can indeed be less.

This also means that I'm approaching the end of this project. What next? I've been noodling on a design for a dog sweater, and have some mitten ideas in mind, too.

No comments: