Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Knitting Olympics

The Yarnharlot is a sick, sick woman and I love her for it. The gauntlet has been thrown down.

The timing actually works out.... Feb 10 to 26. I have a writing/designing deadline of Feb 15, but this would encourage me to get that completed in good time.

I think it would have to be the Loop-D-Loop double-knit vest. It's either that or the Mukluks.

Yes, about those Mukluks. I've gone kinda quiet about them, haven't I? Well, here's the thing... I got my copy of the issue of Interweave Knits over the Christmas break, and having looked at the pattern in person, I'm not as amused. I'd never wear the damn things. Not that I haven't gone there before, viz. Clapotis, but it's not like this they're a particularly cool or interesting new technique for me. Plus I'd have to buy the yarn (Clapotis was a stash-buster). I wouldn't wear them outdoors, and I can't wear them at home on our hardwood floors. Unless I wanted to invent a new Olympic floor-sliding event.

Hmmm...

I shall consult with the girls from the Sheep and see what kind of peer pressure they're going to apply.

No comments: